Search engine optimization (SEO) is crucial to business success in this digital age. As such, entrepreneurs invest their time, money, and energy in implementing SEO strategies.
Some business owners go as far as hiring digital marketers or SEO specialists. In fact, the global SEO services market grew from $62.75 billion in 2022 to $74.76 billion in 2023, with a 19.1% compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
Unfortunately, the SEO game is ever-changing. Still, the goal remains to drive traffic to your website by attracting potential customers. Stay up-to-date with the latest SEO changes and developments to achieve this objective.
Don’t know how to proceed? Read on to learn how to drive more traffic to your website using organic SEO.
Effective SEO Strategies for Driving Website Traffic
SEO is the process of optimizing your website (technical SEO), writing relevant content (on-page SEO), and promoting your website on other digital platforms (off-page SEO). The ultimate goal is to rank high on the search engine results pages (SERP), resulting in increased online visibility and website traffic.
According to Brightedge Research, organic traffic makes up 53% of the total website traffic. For this reason, you should include SEO in your digital marketing strategies to increase organic traffic. However, keep up with the SEO trends to meet your business objectives.
That said, below are organic SEO strategies for 2023 to increase your website traffic:
Technical SEO Strategies
Technical SEO entails optimizing the technical aspects of your website to rank high on SERP. The process involves updating your site’s structure and code, making it easier for search engines to crawl and index your content.
Keep in mind that the foundation of any successful SEO strategy is a well-optimized website. Here are technical SEO strategies to implement:
- Website Optimization: Consider various site elements, such as the user interface (UI), layout, color scheme, typography, blank space, and content pieces. Ensure a well-structured UI, easy navigation, fast loading time, ample white space, and highlighted content. The goal is to achieve a visually appealing and highly functional website for an excellent user experience (UX).
- Keyword Integration: Leverage SEO tools to find relevant terms your target users will most likely use on the search engine. Then, incorporate these keywords into your site’s URL, header tags, meta descriptions, and page titles. That will help search engines understand your website content.
- Mobile Friendliness: Over 90% of internet users worldwide use their mobile phones to surf online for at least some time. This data suggests that you should optimize your website for mobile devices. Responsive web design helps ensure your site looks good and works well on mobile phones, including other devices.
On-page SEO Strategies
On-page SEO focuses on creating content relevant to your target audiences to appear on the SERP’s first page and drive organic traffic. The process involves optimizing your web pages’ elements, such as the title tag, meta description, header tags, and the actual content.
Remember, content is king in the digital world—provide your prospects with what they want. Here are organic SEO strategies for 2023 for your on-page SEO:
- Blogging: Blogging lets you produce and publish high-quality content regularly. Create and post articles such as guides and how-tos and visual content such as infographics and explainer videos. However, consider two key factors: relevancy (how relevant the content is to your target users) and value (how they will benefit your prospects).
- Keyword Integration: Before integrating keywords, conduct keyword research first. The goal is to find words or phrases your prospects will most likely type on search engine fields. Then, incorporate them sparingly into your content pieces. Remember, keyword stuffing is a big no-no; opt for quality over quantity.
- Internal Linking: This process entails linking your content to other relevant pages on your website. For one, internal linking will establish your link equity, helping search engines understand your site structure. It will also provide a better UX for your site visitors. These two factors will help put your website on top of SERP.
Off-page SEO Strategies
Business owners and digital marketers usually equate off-page SEO with link building. However, this SEO type includes things you do outside your website to promote your content or business. For example, you can share your content on social media or get your business listed on online directories.
Understand that off-page SEO helps establish your website authority in the digital world. That said, here are organic SEO strategies to increase your site traffic:
- White Hat Link Building: A white hat link-building campaign aims to earn back backlinks in ethical and sustainable ways. On top of the link-building techniques are linkable assets and guest posting. The first entails creating high-quality content people will want to link to naturally. The second involves writing content for other websites to expand your reach and increase your traffic.
- Journalist Outreach: This campaign entails reaching out to journalists to earn coverage and backlinks to your website. Share your expertise with them, and if fortunate enough, they will quote you in their stories. That will make you earn backlinks, thus improving your web presence and site traffic.
- Social Media Promotion: Did you know that there are 4.76 billion social media users worldwide? As such, promote your website or content on social media to expand your reach, drive website traffic, and improve SEO rankings. Share and post your content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn to engage prospects and direct them to your website.
Organic SEO plays a crucial part in driving traffic to your website. Not only does it put your web pages on top of SERP, but it also attracts potential customers to your site.
Consider the organic SEO strategies for 2023 recommended above, whether technical, on-page or off-page SEO. Optimize your website, create high-quality content, and promote your site on other digital platforms.
With these in mind, you’ll drive more and more traffic to your website. That ultimately translates to customer engagement, lead generation, and sales conversion!